Wednesday, December 20, 2006

THE POWER OF POWER SNATCH, jr.



We are sad to report that during our fabulously festive and fierce December bout, one of our best players went down – Captain Power Snatch, jr. Miss Snatch is well-known for not only her dedication to the admirable sport we call roller derby, but for her kicky fashion sense and wicked yes of humor. During the second half, Power Snatch took an incredibly hard hit. This hit would have sent even the toughest rollergirl into fits of hysteria, but Snatch crawled to the inside of the track and sat quietly. Unbeknownst to everyone around her, Miss Snatch suffered a broken ankle. But Snatch, who exemplifies the very essence of derby, stayed true to her philosophy, “The Game must go on!” None of her teammates knew the true extent of her injury until after Snatch drove herself to the ER and got X-rays!

Power Snatch, you are an inspiration!



Anti Em: Hope you heal fast, Snatch! You’re hardcore and fabulous and a kickass blocker and we love you!



Henry Roll-ins: Snatch, you’re a f@#*ing amazing human being. I’ve never seen anyone in that kind of pain smile as much as you managed to last night – you had me fooled. What a trooper!




Lt. Dan: I HEART Snatch!



Dynamite Dwalin’: Snatch, you are one of my favorite people in the league—I love your no-nonsense irreverent approach to pretty much everything. I am so sorry that your injury turned out to be a break. Here’s hoping you’ll be back on skates (and back in your multiple pairs of truly fabulous shoes) very soon.



The Countess: Snatch, you better be at practices, ‘cause BERG ain’t the same without you. You are a most excellent, strong, awesome lady, and you deserve all the support and all you’re reading here. In other words: I HEART Snatch!



Sophie Nuke ‘Em: You’re a great captain and an incredibly strong skater. From the you held up on Saturday after the bout, I would have guessed you had broken an ankle. Like the t-shirts say, I HEART Snatch!


Sophie Nuke 'Em, Power Snatch & Cherry Pi


SmasHer: I don’t know which impresses me most about you – your level-headed attitude or your fabulous costume sense. Either way, you are fantastic! I am proud to be under your leadership! I am ordering my “I HEART Snatch” shirt today!




Kelkat: Power Snatch is my hero!



Pontchartrain BeAtch: Snatch, I’m so sorry you broke your ankle. You are a trooper! Hope Holly didn’t flip out too much.



Mel: Snatch, remind me never to play poker with you… what a poker face! Get well soon, and if you need anything, just ask.


Snatch's famous poker face


Beatrix sKiddo: Oh captain! My Captain!

Who needs ankles to rollerskate!



Marquee de Squad: You played a killer game, Snatch. It will heal, though – a break is clean and can heal well – I’ve broken the same ankle twice, so you can recover – don’t worry. Get well soon!


Snatch and fellow BERG players at the Crescent City Classic


little maSCARa: Hope you feel better soon, Snatch.



CHEAP THR!LL: Snatch, you’re so hardcore! You crawled off the track into the other teams’ box and told everyone to keep the jam going… you are amazing. You’ll heal in no time and be back before you know it.


Power Snatch snatching the chair away from Cherry Pi during a vigorous game of musical chairs


Little Miss Ruffit: Jeez-n-crackers, Snatch! What a stoic derby chick you are! You can count on me as your driver to and from practices, once you’re ready, since we work so close together. I’m sure I speak for all of us that we’re here for you if you need anything (I’m SUCH a mom).




And from the lady herself……

Power Snatch, jr: Thanks guys for all the well wishes and support. It feels great to have so many people care about me.
This sport is truly amazing in the way we come together for our skaters and refs.
I’m really proud to be part of BERG.
VVD, I hope I didn’t hurt your hand while EMS was working on me—I’m sure I squeezed the s@*t out of it. It was very sweet for you to be so supportive.
Thanks to all the people who carried my crap, me, got my car, and everything.
Kelkat, please tell your man thanks for me, too.
Sorry I played it cool and didn’t really tell everyone how bad it was. I didn’t want to stop the jam (I wanted to be sure my team could use all the time possible to try and pull out a few more points) and I didn’t want to rain on the after party. It was a hard played game and celebrations were in order!


The Big Easy Rollergirls look forward to seeing you on skates soon, Power Snatch jr. We love you!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Captain Snatch! You are so brave.
Less Shoves, More Kisses this month.

xoxo,
Trix

Anonymous said...

Snatch, I saw you play and you rock! I came thisclose to getting a I love Snatch t-shirt at the Carrie bout. Maybe I should use some of your killer moves next time so I can get one. Can't wait to see you back on skates.

margaret coble, aka mags. said...

can someone please tell me how to get one of these famous "i love snatch" tshirts?!!! cuz i know a few girls who need one!

and it was a pleasure to finally meet you, Snatch, at the bout with Snatch Sr. may your recuperation be speedy!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the kind words! It means a lot and I promise to be back up and running, er..skating, ASAP.

Anyone interested in Snatch shirts, email me at powersnatch@cox.net

Thanks!
PowerSnatch Jr.